About a month ago, Ella was very sick with a high temperature, congestion and cough. To monitor her, Mima spent the night with her giving her fluids while they slept next to each other.
One week later, Ella and Mima were driving to the theater when Ella said "Mima, when I'm sick again, will you take care of me?". "Of course I will," Mima replied.
About a week ago Mommy and Ella were on a walk when Ella randomly said "Mommy, when I'm sick, Mima takes care of me, she is my nurse." You are very lucky, Mommy said, Mima is a great nurse.
Yesterday, Phil picked Ella up at school. She was crying and said she didn't feel good. Struggling to walk (mostly make progress walking), Phil picked her up and carried her and her stuff in one arm and Jake in the other. Shortly thereafter, Ella vomited. The good news is that she only got about 10% on Phil and herself, the bad news is that 80% went on Jake and his carseat! Amazingly, Jake slept through the debacle.
At home, in the bathtub, Ella asked Daddy why she threw up. "I don't know," he replied. She continued on, "If I threw up, then I must be sick. If I'm sick, I get a nurse, and my nurse is Mima." Unfortunately, Mima was on demolition detail in CT, but it appears that Mima has a customer for life!
No comments:
Post a Comment